The decision as to whether a furnace should be repaired or replaced can be influenced by many factors. At Airmasters, we know that this is not a one-size-fits-all problem.
Our expert heating technicians would be happy to look at any furnace whenever you need us to. Then we can talk you through your options and help you decide which of our furnace services, furnace replacement or furnace repair, would be best for your home and your family.
Call for Furnace Repair First
If your furnace isn’t working, it’s a good idea to call for furnace repair first. Our technicians will always let you know if we think that you might be better off replacing your furnace instead. We’ll let you know exactly what is going on with your furnace, how much it would cost to fix it, and what your other options might be.
We can talk you through the pros and cons of furnace repair vs. furnace replacement, too. This gives you all the information you need to make an informed choice about how to proceed with your home heating.
Situations Where You Should Consider Furnace Replacement
There are a few common situations where we often end up performing a furnace replacement. If one or more of these describe your situation, we can help you out.
- Your furnace is old. Most furnaces last between 15 and 30 years, depending on the make and model, as well as on how you use it. If yours is older than its projected lifespan, it may not last much longer even if you do repair it this time.
- Your furnace emits carbon monoxide. This gas is dangerous and deadly. If your furnace is emitting it, you need to replace it now. No repair will make you as safe as replacement will.
- Your heating bills keep going up. As your furnace gets older, it will use more energy no matter how well it is running. Lower these costs by replacing the furnace.
- The cost of furnace repair is more than half the cost of furnace replacement. This is a good rule of thumb when deciding how to invest in your furnace.
- You have to get your furnace repaired regularly. Frequent repairs can indicate that your furnace isn’t worth keeping up anymore. Eventually, you will need to repair it and you may not want to invest more in it before you do.
- You are cold at home even when your furnace is working well. Your furnace may not be powerful enough to heat your home or you may simply need a new one to stay warm efficiently and effectively.
Furnace Replacement in North Little Rock
If you decide to get furnace replacement in North Little Rock rather than furnace repair, we can help you choose a great new furnace for your home. We’ll match you with a furnace that suits your needs, then order it and install it according to manufacturer specifications. Before long, you’ll have a great new furnace and you’ll be warm, too!