Air Conditioning Tips
A good day is when your air conditioning system does what it’s supposed to do. And then there are those not-so-good days. Calling for service as soon as you see signs of a cooling system problem can prevent the headache and expense of a major repair job. Bonus Benefit: Acting promptly can also spare you the higher utility bills that go hand in hand with a poorly functioning air conditioning system.
You should have your AC checked when you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Decreased air flow from the registers
- Unfamiliar noises coming from the air conditioner
- Moldy odors coming from the ductwork when the air conditioner is running
- The air conditioner cycles on and off more than it used to
- The breaker for the air conditioner in the electrical panel keeps tripping (or the fuse keeps blowing)
- Ice appears on your air conditioner or piping, either inside or outside the house
- Your outdoor fan in the air conditioner won’t come on
If you notice any of the above, call Airmasters to have your air conditioning system checked and serviced.
- Don’t let your heat slip away! Make sure all your doors and windows are tightly shut. Check for leaks and replace old weather stripping or caulk.
- Use your window shades and drapes to maximize heating benefits. Keep shades closed at night to conserve heat. During the day, open shades to let sunlight in.
- Add humidity for winter warmth. It’s an often overlooked comfort factor: Humid air feels warmer than dry air. Increasing the humidity of your home also helps you resist winter colds and moisturizes dry skin. Ask Airmasters about a humidifier that works for your situation!
- Keep your furnace air filter clean. A dirty or clogged filter can make your furnace work harder, which costs you more.
- A high percentage of the heat escaping homes is lost through the attic. Make sure you close off any attic vents or fans during the winter and check on how well the attic is insulated. Airmasters’ technicians can help!
Air Conditioning and Heating Experts
Call Airmasters for any questions or concerns about you HVAC system today, and have a highly skilled technician out to your home or commercial property in North Little Rock soon. We’ll handle any issue ranging from AC repairs to furnace replacement, maintenance to duct cleaning, and even installing a whole-home generator. When you need an HVAC company in North Little Rock call the trusted professionals at Airmasters to get the job done right the first time! We’re here for you!